Binomial name: Phyllanthus niruri, Phyllanthus fraternus.
English: Shatterstone, Stonebreaker.
Hindi: भुईंआंवला bhuinanvalah, हजारमणी hajarmani, कनोछा kanocha
Bengali: bhui-amla, হাজারমণি hazarmani
Kannada: ಕಿರುನೆಲ್ಲಿ kirunelli, ನೇಲನೆಲ್ಲಿ nelanelli
Malayalam: കീഴാര്നെല്ലി kiizhaarnelli
Manipuri: চকপা হৈক্রূ chakpa-heikru
Marathi: भुईआवळी bhuiavali
Sanskrit: भूम्यामलकी bhumyamalaki, तमालकी tamalaki
Tamil: கீழாநெல்லி kila-nelli
Telugu: నేల ఉసిరి nela usiri
Traditionally, Phyllanthus nriuri has been used as a home remedy in many countries. Its curative properties are well known.
- It helps in restricting the growth of the hepatitis B virus found in the bloodstream.
- The herb is said to have antifungal, antiviral and hypoglycaemic action.
- Aqueous extract of Phyllanthus niruri is reported to have an inhibitory effect on human immunodeficiency virus.
- It’s very useful in the treatment of liver diseases like jaundice and liver cirrhosis. It helps to remedy fatty liver and liver damage due to any reason. It promotes liver action.
- It is also said to be used in the case of anorexia.
- It is diuretic and hence is used in urinary tract infections and bacterial infections like cystitis and prostatitis.
- According to Unani system of medicine, the herb is a stomachic and is useful in chronic dysentery.
There are no reviews yet.